Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm Inspired - Thanks to a good movie & Oprah!

Ok, here is a post with a lot of rambling, so follow closely.

Last night I went and saw the movie, "The Secret Life of Bees." I had read the book a few years ago for book club, actually it was the first book we read. The book was good and I thought the movie was great! I cried through the ending, of course. So if you have a chance check it out.




I just finished watching the Oprah show from today (Wednesday) with Peter Walsh on there beginning his "Clean Up Your Messy House Tour." Just watching him work is inspiring as I LOVE to organize! That would be my dream job. Chad watched with me and kept saying, "our house isn't messy" and I'd agree, not messy...but there are certain things that I would love to get organized and just haven't brought myself to do it yet! There are a lot of emotions tied up in that stuff, so it's hard to do. I can't wait to follow along with Peter's travels across the US to see the other houses he declutters and reorganizes. If you go to Oprah.com you can see the highlights of the show. It was great!

Also, to go along with Kris' coupon clipping/bargain shopping post. If you watched Oprah you heard about the great FREE offer from Snapfish and also the coupon from The Container Store. I don't want to spoil it, but it's worth your time to find out for yourself!

What a day! If anyone has Peter knock on their door, PLEASE let him in. Afterwards, ask him if I can get a job on his crew. ;o)

5 comments:

Las Vegas Leak's said...

then when you get hired, you can come to Vegas and help me sort through a few baskets and drawers! Ok I have to see that movie even though I didn't read the book and I did get tickets for the one of the Twilight matinées on the Friday when you are here! Fun stuff, see you in a week!

Crystal said...

Chris, Thank you, thank you for posting the link for the free book! I've stared mine already. Yah!
I'd love to have someone organize my house, but I'd be embarrassed that it's so disorganized.

Chris said...

Crystal,
I just finished my free book. I did as Peter said and took pics of Cooper's keeps from preschool last year (that I had already sorted out keep/toss)and used them. I can't wait to get the book. Maybe now I've got my solution to what to do w/ all my piles/tubs of keepsake papers. BTW, email me (I've lost all my email addresses).
Chris

Kristen said...

I just got signed up to make the book. I don't know what the other deal is???? How do we find out?

Chris said...

Kris,

The other deal is a 20% off coupon from the Container Store good for a week. There should be a link on Oprah.com from Wednesdays' show. Let me know if you can't find it.

Chris