Friday, November 20, 2009

A Kansas City Weekend

My mom and my sister were kind enough to take the girls for the weekend so Chad and I could go to Kansas City. We were looking forward to some time in the city to enjoy the holiday lights, good food, and of course some shopping. Friday night we had a wedding reception to go to for a friend of mine from school. Afterward we met up with Trice at Kites before heading back to his place in Lawrence. Saturday we hit the Plaza right before lunchtime. We beat the rush at PF Changs and enjoyed some delish food. We walked around the Plaza taking in the sights and sounds of the city. Then it was time to head to see "Wicked" the broadway play. It was amazing!! The play tells the story of how the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz became Wicked and also how Glenda the Good Witch was actually her friend. The theater was packed. I was so glad we were able to go. Afterward we went back to the Plaza to do some more shopping. I was excited to find my dress for our Anniversary party in February. We then enjoyed a very fine dinner at The Capital Grille. On Sunday we headed back to Manhattan, just in time for my afternoon movie to "New Moon" with my sis, her hubby, and all the girl friends. The movie was so much better than Twilight. It made me want to go back and read the books all over again. It was a fantastic weekend. Thanks mom & Kelly for babysitting!

No comments: