Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year, we invited the Hitchings over for a very relaxed day of food, friends, and fun. We supplied the turkey and they brought a ham. We also had mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, jello, and many other snacks. It was a delicious meal and everyone had a great day.

I spent the morning in my pjs watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and drinking hot chai tea, while Chad was busy prepping things in the kitchen. I had baked the desserts the day before and he had the turkey brining overnight, so that he could fry it up. I love the lazy days of doing exactly what I want to do.


The turkey soaking in the brine.


Chocolate chip toffee bars and brownies.


The 4 girls saying "Cheers" with their kid wine and dessert.

No comments: