Sunday, February 26, 2012

12 years

Happy Anniversary to my husband! 12 years and counting! I can't even believe it's been that long. The time has just flown by.

Many thanks to April, who stayed the night with the girls, so that Chad and I could have an evening alone up in Kansas City. We window shopped at a new shopping area, ate some yummy small plates at a new restaurant, stopped in at a trendy wine shop, and went to the Martina McBride & George Strait concert.

Martina put on a powerful performance and after a quick stage reset and intermission, George took the stage. He sang 2 songs, but sadly had to cancel after that. He was ill and had lost his voice. Everyone was in shock and didn't know quite how to react. So the concert is rescheduled for next Saturday. Unfortunately, Chad is unable to attend with me. I'm hoping my sister can come in his place.

We spent the night in the Harper's condo, watching the traffic and lights of Kansas City. Low key and quiet. Just what we needed after 12 years! Love you Chad.

No comments: