Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sledding

Papa Mike and I finished our work early today to head back to Council Bluffs to go sledding with the girls and Grandma ReRe. Not far from Papa's house is a church with a very big hill. This is "the sledding hill." The girls and Grandma had already visited the sledding hill twice this week and had a ball sledding down as much as they could. When Papa and I saw this hill we couldn't believe that Grandma and the girls actually sledded down this mammoth hill. At the bottom of the hill is a row of trees right before a small stream. If you get enough momentum you could end up in the stream. Wouldn't you know it, the second time Campbell slides down the hill, I am bracing myself and screaming for Campbell to put her feet down because she was just feet away from the trees and stream. I braved the hill myself a couple of times. It was a wild and fun ride!! Papa even took a turn and slid down. It was a treasure to see the girls' delight in showing us what they had been up to and how excited they were that we participated.

No comments: