Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dream Come True

October 24th, 2009

10:00am Kansas time Garth Brooks tickets went on sale for his concerts in Las Vegas. It was thought by my loving husband that he had the secret hotline phone number to call and get us tickets. Well to both of our disgust, the people on the other end of that number didn't want to help us out. So we were forced to call the same 800 number that everyone else was calling. I was very upset and started really thinking we weren't going to get through. Everytime we called it was busy. We tried for a good hour from 3 cell phones and the house phone and being logged online to their waiting room. (Yes, people I REALLY am that big of a Garth fan!) The main issue at hand was that Chad needed to leave to go to the K-State football game, well really did he NEED to leave or just WANT to??? Anyhow, he left and I text my sister (who also wanted to get tickets to the show with us) the phone number to call. She clicked on that text link number and got through and was put on hold. Now I didn't know that she was on hold until about 20 minutes into her holding pattern. I was frantically calling on my cell phone, house phone, and now logged on with both computers to the waiting room. Doing all of this in despair, when suddenly my sister text me from her work phone and tells me she is on hold. I was ELATED! I asked how she got on hold and told her not to mess anything up, just to hang on for however long it took. She laughed because she thought everyone was on hold. I quickly told her no, we had only been getting a busy signal. So then suddenly within about 2 minutes, she text me and said SHE GOT TICKETS!! I was so excited I was crying. I didn't stop calling just yet, I wanted to make sure she got all 6 tickets she could get and that yes indeed this was true and real. She called me when she was done talking to the ticket agent and told me the story.

Lady-"Hello, how can I help you."
Kelly-"I would like my alloted number of Garth Brooks tickets please."
Lady-"Ok, that would be 6."
Kelly-"Great!"
Lady-"What date do you want tickets for?"
Kelly-"Um, (mind went blank) yes, Feb. 26."
Lady-"Where are you calling from and are you a Garth Brooks fan."
Kelly-"I'm calling from KS and yes I am a Garth Brooks fan, but I'm really calling for my sister who is going to be celebrating her 10th wedding anniversary there in February and she loves Garth Brooks and we are all coming there to celebrate with her."
Lady-"Well in that case, let me check on better seating arrangements."
Kelly-"Thanks."
Lady-"How does the 8th row work for you all?"
Kelly-"(crying)Yes, that would be perfect."
Lady-"Ok, well enjoy your show."
Kelly-"(crying)Thank you very much."

So a HUGE thank you to my sister for making a dream come true. Now I get to spend my 10th wedding anniversary in Las Vegas with Chad and Garth Brooks, and of course all of our peeps who will make the trek out there to celebrate with us. We are so looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I'm so happy that you were able to get tickets! It sounds like the Wynn has had some problems with the ticket situation, so to know that you are all set up is great!!