Monday, February 7, 2011

A week in Las Vegas

I ventured West to Las Vegas for the week to spend time with Jura and celebrate her 35th birthday! Let me tell you we surely packed the week full of fun, laughter, new adventures, and paths we'd like not to visit again. All in all, it sure made one great story to tell again. Most memorable yet. It just keeps getting better it seems. Thanks Jura & Darrin for a wonderful week of vacation away from reality.

Monday - after a late arrival, Jura and I picked up Thai food for dinner. It's always great to gather round the table with the Leak's (all 6 of them.) So different being in a house with 2 teenagers and a toddler. Everyone going in their own direction and doing their own thing. Darrin got me hooked on at least 4 new tv shows I don't usually watch.

Tuesday - Grandma, Jaryn, and I hung out today. Jaryn was all about watching what I was doing and following me around. You would never believe she is only 2 years old. She is so smart and loves herself some lip gloss! What a girlie girl she is going to be. Jura cooked dinner that night for everyone and it was a stay home and enjoy the family night.

LiL J and I hanging out, while mom is at work.


S, J, Jura, and P, the night before Jura's birthday!

Wednesday - I headed out to work with Jura that morning. The ladies at her office had birthday cake for breakfast to celebrate her special day. Her co-workers are all great and each have their own personalities, which totally makes that office and what they do run smoothly. It was an out of office day for Jura and Dee, so they took me around to show me just how they help the homeless kids in Vegas. Supplies, supplies, and more supplies. That's what we picked up for the next few hours. Lunch out, stories, laughter, and work all at the same time. Now that was a good day. We headed home to get ready to go out for apps and drinks with friends for the "official" birthday celebration. Everyone met at Blue Martini and with a live band and yummy caramel apple martinis it was a great time.


Jura and I at Blue Martini! Happy 35th Jura!


The group at Blue Martini!

Thursday - Jura headed off to work and I stayed home and was able to join my former co-worker Crystal out to lunch. We decided PF Changs was the place to be. I love PF Chang's. Crystal and I team taught First Grade together the 1998-1999 school year. It was both of our first teaching jobs ever. We can sit back now and laugh at what we went through, but when we were going through it, it was a different feeling. Crystal is doing well and is pg with baby #5! It's hard to believe how fast time goes by. That night Jura and I held down the fort and listened to S & P's stories of middle school drama.

Friday - Jura took the day off and we enjoyed sleeping in, bagels for breakfast, a trip to the salon for mani/pedi, lunch out, and a bit of shopping. Late afternoon we caught our 2nd wind and were ready for a great weekend of fun. It was girls night, so we met Rachel out for dinner and drinks. A night out of girl talk and stories can make your sides ache from laughing so much. Darrin enjoyed his night at home, catching up on tv, eating his faves, and resting up to party.

Saturday - We hit the shoe stores before Darrin had to go to work. Then Jura and I decided to check out my new favorite place, Patty's Closet. After visiting all 4 stores, and purchasing some new items for the wardrobe, it was home in time to get ready to go out, Vegas style! We met friends at Sushi Samba and enjoyed a delicious meal. Definitely a place we need to go to again. There is nothing like the Vegas strip. Nightlife, people watching, just having a great time!


Jura and I ready to go out!


The girls out for the night!

Sunday morning came too soon and Jura and Darrin took me to the airport. I was ready to get home to see Chad and the girls, but so glad I made the trip. I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Looking forward to what birthday #40 brings!

I was welcomed home with a big sign, balloons, tulips, and my 3 favorite people!

No comments: