Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Citizen's of the Year


Last night Chad and I attended the Tri-County Annual Chamber of Commerce dinner in Herington, KS. My sister is on the Chamber board and the event was a big deal in our family. Unbeknown to my mom and Butch, they were getting presented with the Citizen's of the Year award. First they couldn't figure out why Chad and I were there for dinner, so we tried to pull that one over on them. But as soon as the speaker started introducing the couple, mom looked over at us right away and knew something was up. My grandma, Kelly, Pat, and Bailey were all there to see them accept their award. Of course Butch's speech was short and sweet, "Go Jayhawks, Thank You!" We are very proud of them.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I'd forgotten how much you look like your mom! Congratulations to them! I loved visiting with them many years ago when I came to Kansas.