Friday, February 1, 2008

Planning a Trip=Sick Kiddos

It seems that every time we plan a trip, vacation, visit to or from someone, our kiddos get sick. Coincidence, I think not!

I saw it coming last night. Cooper was tired, didn't want to eat dinner, complained that her head hurt, and was asleep by 7:30. She didn't want to take any Motrin, because it wasn't Orange flavored. (Someone please tell me why my kid has to like the only flavor I hate and the stores don't sell.) So I wasn't surprised when she woke up this morning with a high fever. She has been in bed all day and was very sad to miss "pajama day" at school.

So here we are set to leave on our ski trip in just 5 short days, and Cooper is not well and I'm doing everything I can to make sure none of the rest of us catch it. Never mind the fact that we were supposed to have family pics tomorrow morning, Cooper had a dance clinic tomorrow afternoon, and tomorrow night Chad and I are supposed to attend the A Dress the Heart Gala.

I know, stop complaining, it's not a big deal. But if you know me at all, you know I'm a worrier and I get very "uneasy" when the kids are sick. Maybe it's because of what happened to Colgin, but it just stresses me out. And I know even when their grown-up and on their own, I'll still be worrying. That's just what moms do, I'm told.

So I'm off to disinfect some more things and try to keep my sanity. Wish us luck and good health, even if it's for my very selfish reason of not wanting to miss this ski trip. ;o)

No comments: