Friday, October 10, 2008

Todder Time???

Well this isn't an easy post to write, because it would make real the fact that my "baby" girl is growing up too fast. I have to say she is now a toddler....right? I have tried to wait to push her to do things that I so enthusiastically wanted Cooper to do right away. I wanted to hold on to the baby stage as long as I could, but as many of you know, Campbell is SO different than Cooper.

She has entered the "terrible two's" for sure. She doesn't want to sit in her high chair, she always wants her way, she throws a fit all the time, she doesn't want to lay still to get her diaper changed, she is bored with her toys (of course wants Cooper's toys), she is reverting back to wanting the pacifier all the time (not only nap/sleep time), she cries and cries and cries when we put her to bed at night, and if that wasn't enough she won't let me do anything with her hair.

She let me put this ponytail in her hair, it only lasted for 2 minutes maybe! Cooper had her first ponytail in March of 2004 (so she was 16 months old), Campbell is 21 months now! Cooper's hair was very curly all the time. Campbell's hair is curly when it's wet and then it goes hay-wire.



I bought this toddler bed for Cooper in November 2004 (so she was 2) but she didn't start sleeping in it, until April 2005 when she came back from Grandma Debe's house and had decided for herself she wanted to sleep in a big girl bed and wear big girl panties. So she was about 2 1/2 before she did the toddler bed. I put it together today and put it up in Campbell's room to see what would happen. We'll find out what works.



So my mind wonders...When do you transition? How do you transition? Help!!

No comments: