Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Success

The past 12 days is basically a blur. It started with our family ski trip to Taos, NM and after being home for one day Chad was off to California for five days. So the girls and I settled into a quite few days at home or so I thought.

First, Campbell still uses her "bubby" aka pacifier during nap and sleep time. During our trip to Taos she had it more often due to long car rides and altitude changes. She thought this was great until she decided to eat Cheetos with her bubby. On the way home she put the Cheetos in her bubby and was chewing on it. Needless to say this created lots of holes in the bubby. Good for me and bad for her. So I cut the tip of that bubby off. She knew it was broken but she was still mad. The sneaky little girl just happened to find the one and only other emergency bubby in the house, so she was happy again. Well that bubby already had a hole it in, so after a day of chewing on it, that bubby also had lots of holes in it and when I put her down for nap she called out to me "mommy bubby broken." She bit the end off. (Thankfully not swallowing it.) So again good for me but bad for her. She was mad! For two hours she cried and fought taking a nap and won out in the end. This was Thursday. Thankfully with much persistence on my part she still does NOT have any bubby. So I think I can successfully say we are done with the bubby. Yeah! Now she is still fighting going to sleep, so we need to teach her how to calm herself down and fall asleep quicker on her own. Good luck I know.

Second, both girls are daddy's girls and five days without dad makes them very grumpy. Thankfully we were able to hang out with Michelle & her girls one night for dinner. Also in our favor tennis was canceled. Oma did come over and watch the girls while I went to the dentist. And to end the weekend we went to my sister's house so the kids could play and I helped her get some organizing done.

Third, Chad's flight out of LA on Sunday was delayed over an hour. Which meant he went from getting home at midnight to getting home at 1:30am. Monday was a very long day for him and I'm not quite sure he is back to normal yet.

Fourth, I feel happy that I was able to manage things without Chad being here. I can say it was very hard and I have no idea how those single parents manage things. I was so exhausted on Sunday night I just wanted to go to bed. We are very glad to have Chad back home and ready to get things back to normal.


Campbell playing dentist with Cooper's gear.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sounds like you had a busy 5 days. I know what you mean by, how do single parents do it? I can't imagine not getting a break or help here and there. My heart goes out to them. Glad to hear Chad got home safe and sound.