Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

This year Easter was very nontraditional. Our usual routine would have been to go to my mom's house, have a big egg hunt out in the yard, color eggs, open Easter baskets, and eat a big dinner. We have done that for the past six years. Although last year we did go to my dad's house first and then back to my mom's house.

This year was different for a couple reasons.
1. My mom & stepdad Butch are in Hawaii celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary.
2. Chad was out of commission this weekend due to his "man surgery." *I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, but if not just ask.*

So this is how Easter went for us this year. Thursday night we colored eggs. Friday Cooper was out of school and we took Chad to his doctor appt. We picked Chad up about 1 1/2 hrs later and thus began my weekend of nursing duty. Saturday I got the girls ready to go to the mall to take our annual Easter Bunny picture with the Hitchings girls. We have taken this picture each year since Cooper and Teagan were born. Well needless to say Campbell, the big bully, chickened out and cried and threw a fit and DID NOT stand in for the picture. This makes mommy very mad/sad. After picking up a frosty for my patient, home we went. Sunday Cooper was up before 7am and Campbell held off until about 7:30. Then it was full on Easter time. Baskets and egg hunts inside the house due to rainy cold weather. We had lunch at the Hitchings house and then dinner at Chad's parents house. All without Chad! I'll have to post my thoughts about this whole "surgery" another time. After dinner, it was time for baths, clean up the house, and get ready for the week. It was definitely a "nontraditional" Easter for us. Here are some pics of our weekend.


Coloring eggs


Cooper ready to see the Easter Bunny.


Campbell ready to see the Easter Bunny.


Easter baskets in the morning.


Hunting for eggs around the house.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

LOL...Man surgery! Hope all is well and that Chad is quickly recovering!

Anonymous said...

I hope he wasn't as much of a baby as Doug was when he had his man surgery! I mean come on - I pushed twins out and all he had was a snip!