Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Arrival Of Ryland Tate





Today my nephew was born! I am so excited & overjoyed. He is a very big boy! He weighed in at 9lbs 3 oz and was 21" long! He has lots of dark hair and looks a lot like is big sister did when she was a baby.

Kelly & Pat went in this morning for her scheduled (rescheduled now) c-section. Ryland is just 1 week early, can you imagine if he waited another week how big he would be. I surprised my sister by being brave enough to go in the operating room with her and Pat. She did really well, and I can't even imagine how much of a big sissy I would be in a c-section. Thank goodness none of my 3 kids had to be born that way. Kelly's OB dr. is my OB and he is a great DR. and all the people were very nice and she's being well taken care of.

Our parents are here and our grandparents are bringing Bailey up to see her brother after she gets out of school today. I know she is so excited to finally meet him .

Our family is overjoyed at the opportunity to spoil a little boy and I know Colgin is watching from Heaven and sending lots of hugs & kisses to his cousin.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Congratulations! He's so cute! How fun to have another cousin for your girls.

Kristen said...

Wow...that is a big baby. I bet she is glad she got to have a c-section!:;-) You are brave, I have tried to get my mom in on both of my c-sections... and no luck. Actually not because she didn't want too! Enjoy...we send our Congrats...