Monday, August 11, 2008

On to Book 2 - & Loving it!

I have finished Twilight. I couldn't put it down on Saturday, as it rained all day here, it was the perfect weather to cuddle up and read. I was just at the part of the baseball game and I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. Then at the end to find out the author put the 1st chapter from book 2 back there, just to keep you interested. Smart move!

Kris- I couldn't find your old post on the book. So here are my thoughts.

Crystal- I hope you haven't stopped reading, despite the constant comments on Edward's beauty.

Jura- So glad you're hooked now too!

I think the description of Edward is 1. to prove why he is so addictive to Bella & 2. it keeps us from thinking about what he is. Bella is very mature for her age, to cook for her dad each night, do the shopping, have a vehicle, save her money, and continue to do well in school is probably what attracks Edward to her, in that she is "not" like every other girl. I'm glad the story unfolds a bit before we find out the truth. I just have to smile as I read the chapters where Edward & Bella are alone together, it's just so intriguing and so clever the way Edward handles Bella and she is so accepting of him and his ways. I loved the ending of Book 1, the Prom "oh so classic." I think Edward is considerate and kind and so watchful of Bella. I think his promises are sincere and despite who he is, I think he really loves Bella.

So for those of you ahead of me, take my predictions for what they are.

I'm thinking after chapter 1 of Book 2, it's merely a dream. I know what Bella's wish is and I know how much Edward doesn't want that. I'm interested in seeing what develops of Charlie's knowledge of just "who" Edward and his family is. Come on, can he really be Chief of Police and not know any of this. I am also interested to see what happens w/ Jacob & Billy's "words of advice" for Bella. At this point in time, if Charlie just lets Bella run off back home to Phoenix, why wouldn't he just let her runaway w/ Edward and live happily ever after??? I like all of Edward's family, but I'm guessing that Rosalie is going to do something to Bella. And mostly, if this is her senior year now, what comes next?? Do vampires really fall in love and get married and have babies??? LOL!!!

So my only dilemma is that I asked for books 2-4 for my birthday and that's still 19 days away! Oh what to do. I get so consumed with a good book, which is totally NOT me; that it throws everything off. Chad wonders what's wrong with me. ;o)

Anyhow, I can't wait for the movie to come out in December! Yes, I'm a groupie for sure.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

ok... your predictions are interesting... some are on and some are, well so so. Tell Chad he is not alone, many of the husbands that I know whose wives have read these books get a little jealous or somewhat confused at what the attraction is all about. Benjy got it because he read the books and loved them! Encourage Chad to pick up Twilight and try. Benjy never read for fun... so this was his first experience.