Saturday, August 30, 2008

On this day a Giraffe was born

33 years ago today, a giraffe was born, aka ME! My nickname given to me from my dad is that I am his giraffe. I guess it's because I'm tall. ;o) My birthday-my post-all about me (ok maybe just the really important stuff)!

Born Christine Michelle on August 30, 1975 in Stuttgart, Germany to Mike & Debe. An Army brat. Lived in Germany until I was two then moved to Colorado.


My 1st birthday - August 1976


Mom, Dad, & me in front of mom's TransAm.


Age 3 or 4

July 1979 My baby sister, Kelly Jean, came along.


Kelly and I


Kelly and I - she always had that smirk for a smile atleast until second grade.


February 2000 My wedding. Thankfully we get better with age. My sister is one of my best friends. We can laugh until our sides hurt and fight as much as sisters are supposed to.


A family photo in Colorado. Mom, Dad, Kelly, and I probably taken 1980-1982? I went to Kindergarten - two weeks of second grade in Colorado. We then moved to Kansas, where I finished school. Our parents divorced in 1987, after 13 years of marriage. My mom remarried in 1989 and we got 2 older step-brothers. My dad remarried in 1992 and we got 2 younger step-sisters. Now I have 17 nieces/nephews!

From 1992-1999, I made a lot of bad decisions as I was searching for what really made me happy. I graduated high school early and moved to Florida to live with my dad. I attended a junior college in Florida. I moved back to KS and completed my Associates Degree at a junior college there. Then moved to Iowa and attended Iowa State University. Then moved back to KS and finally completed my Bachelor's Degree at Kansas State University. I then moved to Las Vegas, NV where I got my first real teaching job. I met some great people; Crystal & "little" Kris, and really got into my career; although it didn't last long. I moved back to KS in 1999 when I met the true love of my life, Chad. What can I say...girl meets boy (online), girl flies to KS to meet boy in person, they fall in love, boy comes to Las Vegas and proposes to girl, boy moves girl back to KS, girl & boy get married in February 2000.


Chad & I - February 2008

Every year on my birthday it's a tradition we do something "big."
August 2000 - we buy a liquor/wine store.
August 2002 - we buy a townhouse.
August 2005 - we buy a house & move in on my 30th birthday. Not recommended!
August 2008 - we buy a winery.

Somewhere in between all of that I had time to complete my Master's Degree at Kansas State University, teach elementary school for 4 years, and give birth to 3 beautiful children.


Colgin Tanner 1 month old (June 2001-August 2001)


Cooper Maya - just born November 2002


Campbell Macy - just born January 2007

So here we are at the end of my story. I'm a stay at home mom; but I also help Chad at the store. I have a great life and look forward to many more years ahead. I wonder what kind of story the next 33 years will create for me.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Chris. I hope you have a great day and enjoy every moment of it!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Chris! I didn't realize how much you look like your mom! Loved the old 80's pics!