Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Post of the Year...5 Christmases and a Birthday

Christmas is always a hectic and busy time for everyone, including us. From December 19 - 28, we had 5 Christmases! First with my sister's family and my dad & stepmom. Second with our good friend the Hitchings. Third with Chad's family. Fourth our own Christmas. Fifth with my mom, stepdad, & stepbrother's families. It seems like Christmas goes on forever. The girls were very pleased and delighted with all their gifts. They must have been very good girls this year. We enjoyed playing games, watching movies, talking, and eating lots of great food with everyone. It was an enjoyable holiday season and we are very grateful for everything we received. Thank you!



Cooper received a Barbie vet doctor kit.


My sister, Kelly, made Campbell her quilt and a baby quilt & pillows to match.


My sister also made my quilt. A work that has been in the process for 2 years. This quilt is very special because it is made of Colgin's clothes, blankets, and special keepsakes. Kelly did a fabulous job and I truly treasure this great gift!


Campbell & Cooper were so excited to open gifts at Oma & Opa's house.


Uncle Jeremy gave Campbell a baby doll. That was the only present she wanted.


Cooper (at home Christmas morning) was happy with an American Girl, Kaya, puzzle.


Campbell, at my mom's house, looking at yet another new baby doll to dress.


And, finally we end the year with a birthday. Chad's 37th birthday. Yep, he is a New Year's Eve baby, a tax deduction for sure. ;o) The smile on his face says it all. He loves winter, he loves the snow, he loves the holidays, he loves to eat and drink and be merry, he loves Christmas. I'm sure that's why we all love him so much, he makes every day great. Happy Birthday hon. Kisses.

Happy Holidays to all! Looking forward to 2009!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Great post...love your blog. I am so grateful to feel more connected even if it is through the internet. I love seeing your girls growing up! Keep bloggin'
I love the Quilt with Colgin's clothes and sweet treasures... I would love to see more of it! What a great idea!

Tisha said...

Hey there, how adorable are your kids!? Wow, what cuties you've got! I am looking for someone to make me a very special quilt like you received. I've kept many baby clothes just for that reason. I'm figuring it would be a great 10th anniversary gift from my husband to me : ) Awfully sweet of your sister.