Sunday, December 21, 2008

On the Eighth Day of Christmas...

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me;
Eight years of wedded bliss & self employment,
A little blue box from Tiffany's,
PF Chang's catered in for me to eat,
Five years of teaching,
Four Dodge Durangos,
Three beautiful, smart, and amazing kids,
A second chance at love,
And a proposal at the Bellagio for everyone to see.

Chad and I were married on Feb. 26, 2000, after getting engaged in August 1999. It was a small ceremony, with lots of specials and favorites. But it was a BIG party with lots of laughs and tons of wonderful people. It really was a great day and very enjoyable. So now fast forward eight years...here we are together, happy, and despite some people having their doubts, still married. It takes strong people to stay together through all we've been through, so I can say our love is very strong.

In addition to eight great years of marriage we've also been self employed for that long. It seems that big things always happen on my birthday (more to follow up on that subject). So in August 2000 (my 25th birthday) Chad and I purchased our liquor/wine store. Chad had worked there since college and had been partners in the business for 3 years. Since that time we have continued to grow the business, remain successful, form great relationships with customers, and again remain married. Another hard thing to do is work with your spouse. That being said, some days are harder than others.

It's been a good (and sometimes rough) road, but there is no one I'd rather go down this road with than you hon. Smooch!

No comments: