Sunday, December 28, 2008

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas...

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me;
12 charming and admirable qualities,
11 great new friends to spend time with,
Check marks on my "important things to do in life" list,
A lucky number we see all the time,
Eight years of wedded bliss & self employment,
A little blue box from Tiffany's,
PF Chang's catered in for me to eat,
Five years of teaching,
Four Dodge Durangos,
Three beautiful, smart, and amazing kids,
A second chance at love,
And a proposal at the Bellagio for everyone to see.

As most wives do, I tend to complain about Chad and his quirks (or just my pet peeves) but really I must admit he does have some great qualities that attracted me to him and make me glad each day that he is my husband.

1. Patient (he has more patience with the girls & customers & people than I'll ever have)
2. Spontaneous (he doesn't mind going to the Kwik Shop at 8pm to get us slushies & chocolate)
3. Creative (he made a "scheme report" for me to guess when/where/how he would propose)
4. Loyal (not a ladies man, doesn't kiss & tell, and friends till the end)
5. Fun (he is always the life of the party, and he is adventurous)
6. Generous (he is always willing to do anything for anyone, including donating his time for wine groups)
7. Loving (he always like to make me happy and see me smile)
8. Confident (who else can wear black pleather pants in Vegas and look cool?)
9. A Good Cook (he loves to cook and other than a big mess, the food tastes great)
10. A Great Father (the kids know how much he loves them and is proud of them-everyday)

I hope you've enjoyed reading these posts, as much as I've enjoyed writing them. Although some were more difficult to come up with than others, it's still the thought that counts. Merry Christmas & Happy Birthday Chad! Thanks for taking a chance and love, life, and happiness with me. Kisses - ME.

No comments: