Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Three Amigas

Kris, Chris, or Crystal???

When I taught 1st grade in Las Vegas I team taught with a gal named Crystal. She was familiar with the school district, the area, and the content so she really helped our classroom get going right away. She was recently married and just as excited about teaching as I was. She lived closer to the school than I did so when she introduced me to another gal, named Kris, who was also beginning teaching at our school and who lived close to me it was a great opportunity to carpool and little did we know a great friendship in the making.

Kris taught 3rd grade at our school and she and Crystal had become friends because she was looking for a church. Crystal introduced the LDS Church and I think instantly they both felt happy and settled. Our first year together was rough, as we expected, and we were very glad we had each other to lean on for support.

Although our time together was short, I really think I was meant to meet these two wonderful ladies. And now that we are all in far away states (Nevada, Kansas, Minnesota) it's nice to keep up through blogs, emails, and photos.

So, Kris & Crystal, this one is dedicated to you girls. I hope these pictures make you smile. (Forgive me as I dont' have a scanner.)


Crystal (pg w/ Jayden), Kris, & Chris - Feb. 2000
Chad & I visit Vegas on our Honeymoon.


Chris (pg with Colgin), Kris (recently had Kaydree), & Crystal
In Vegas early 2001


Kris, Chris, & Crystal - late Aug. 2001
At the airport sending them home. They came to visit after Colgin died.


Chris, Kris, & Crystal (pg w/ Bonnie)
In Vegas early 2002


Crystal, Chris, Chad, & Cooper
November 2008

I try to catch up with Crystal whenever we go to Vegas, if even just for a few minutes. So I guess I need to go to Minnesota to catch up with Kris soon.

So ladies, what do you say? When is the next time we'll all be together again?

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Way to make me cry....I love those pictures, some of them I haven't ever seen. Wow... how time flies. I miss you both. It would be fun to have girls weekend. I think we need to come to Kansas and catch up. I know we will be there this summer, maybe sooner. How far are you from Salina?

Kristen said...

I came back to check out the pictures again, they make me smile. I did notice that you two always had to bend down for the pictures! LOL... I miss you both sooooo much! I just love keeping up through blogs...too!

Chris said...

Hey Kris,

We are only 1 hour from Salina! I miss you both too. Thank goodness for technology.

Crystal said...

I miss you guys too!! Those were some great days. We really should have a girls weekend. I don't know that I've ever had a girls weekend. Sad huh? I just never get out. Four kids keep me pretty busy.

Thanks for sharing those pictures. I have to say that we've aged well over the last 10 years!

Chris said...

Yes, we all continue to age gracefully. Especially you Crystal. I can't believe you have 4 kids and still keep sane. Some days my two just drive me crazy silly. Gotta love them right? Ok, holding you both to it, girls weekend. Let's start brainstorming ideas.

Luann said...

What great pictures of you three. I remember teaching along with the trio during my first year. I have heard update of Chris and Chrystal through Kris. What a great tribute to great friends.