Sunday, December 14, 2008

On the First Day of Christmas...

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
a proposal at the Bellagio for everyone to see.

Yes, for those of you who don't know, Chad proposed to me in Las Vegas at the Bellagio flower atrium. It was a total surprise, he caught me off guard, and everyone in the atrium was quiet and watched with grand anticipation. I knew he was coming but he had flown in much earlier that day and my sister picked him up. They spent the day running errands and getting things arranged. When I arrived home from work my sister still wasn't home with my car yet, and I was angry! It put me in a bad mood for the rest of the evening. My sister and Jura, one of my best friends, were in on the secret and tried to continue on with our already scheduled plan of the last girls' night out with dinner and a evening out on the town. We ate dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant and headed down to the Bellagio. We walked toward the flower atrium, but then decided to head out to watch the water show. We went back in to the flower atrium and started taking pictures. During this whole time Chad had been sitting at the piano bar on the corner watching us walk by again and again, just laughing. So as we were taking photos he came up behind me and asked if he could be in the photo as well. I just screamed I couldn't believe it. I was laughing, crying, screaming and hugging him and I wouldn't let him go. He had to tell me to let go for a second so he could do something, at which point he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES!! My sister and Jura were crying, everyone was cheering, it was a great moment. Very sneaky on everyone's part. We spent the night at the New York New York hotel and I had to go to work the next day for my last day of teaching in Las Vegas. For a girl who doesn't really like surprises, it was a great surprise and one I'll never forget. Thanks hon!

The next few blogs will be dedicated to Chad for these reasons;
1. He didn't give me a Christmas list and I have no idea what to get him.
2. He didn't give me a Birthday list and I have no idea what to get him.
3. I'm trying to be cute, clever, and creative all in one.
4. I'm journaling these topics so that when I make this blog book, the girls will have it forever.
5. I don't tell Chad often enough how much I love him and what a great life we've made.


No comments: